Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Facial: Week 3 Boscia

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask


This is the second time Ive tired this mask.  I did it once the day the product arrived in the mail and again today.  I was feeling my chin breaking out so this was the mask I wanted today.  It wasn't the one I originally wanted to blog about but I guess that can wait till next week. My pores were calling for a deep cleaning.



Boscia - Luminizing Black MaskThis mask reminds me of the ones I used as a teen. Ones that you had to wait for them to dry and then peel them off. I think the one I had all those yrs ago had a lemon scent.  This scent was nothing like that.  This product has a scent that reminded me of Elmer's glue and it has that feel as its drying. 

It also reminded me of why I haven't used peel off mask in probably 20 yrs. It can be as painful as a waxing.  Who wants to  wax their face? I got a waxing the first time I used it.  So be sure and follow directions carefully.   Keep away from any and all hair.

The product is like black tar.  If you have long hair or fly aways they can easily get caught in the tackiness of the product.  I also have to admit that I foolishly got some in my eyebrow the first time I used it and off came part of my brow.  I'm still waiting on that to come back in. However,  that was my fault. 

Be very careful if you use this product.  I also wouldn't advise anyone with a lot of fine facial hair to use it product.  It may end up more like a waxing.  Notice in this picture how careful I was this second time to stay away from the hair line and the brows.  You don't have to tell me twice ....esp when there is pain involved.  Ripping out my own hair is never fun.


Here's what they say about their product:


What it is:  A groundbreaking, mineral-rich mask that peels off to deliver powerful detoxifying, purifying, and brightening effects.

What it is formulated to do:
This jet-black, mineral-rich mask creates a unique peel-off effect that delivers powerful detoxifying, purifying, and brightening results. Made with a premier-quality clay, its deep-cleansing properties draw out dirt and oil. Other natural ingredients go to work exfoliating skin and refining pores. Powerful antioxidants shrink pores, firm skin, and reduce inflammation. Once dried, the mask strips away dead skin, impurities and excess oil to reveal immediate and visible results.

What else you need to know:Apply an even layer to clean, dry skin. Avoid eyebrows, hairline and lips. Avoid eye area by applying below orbital bone. Leave on 15-20 minutes or until completely dry. Gently peel off mask from outer edges. Rinse off any residue with warm water. Follow with moisturizer. Use once or twice a week.



Here's my review:


I really love the results.  It really does do a deep cleaning and your pores do appear smaller.  As soon as its removed I get an instant glow and I can tell my skin is in great condition.  It feels smooth and firm.  Everything this company says this mask does;  IT DOES!!!.

 The downfall for me is the painful removal of the mask and the care you have to take with your hair and your eyes as you use it.   I'm just not sure this full face mask is worth the pain.  I think I will continue to use this product more for a deep pore cleansing of my nose or my chin.  When I see clogged pores or feel a breakout coming on this will be what I turn to.  I don't think I will do a full mask again. 

I do love the results though, if it just wasn't such a chore to remove.  This is a great product for someone with a true blackhead or acne problem.  So this product for me is bitter sweet.  I love the results but at this time its just not worth the pain to get those results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment